Google announced that they will soon require their publisher customers to use a CMP. Specifically, a Google-certified CMP. Sourcepoint is pleased to announce that our CMP has been one of the first CMPs to be certified as an approved CMP.
Starting later in 2023, partners using their publisher products — Google AdSense, Ad Manager, or AdMob — will have to use a CMP from Google’s approved list when serving ads to users in the European Economic Area or the UK. For publishers with an app, make sure that your selected CMP partner offers a CMP for apps solution.
We welcome this important step in establishing industry-wide privacy standards and consistent user experiences. We have been proud to partner with Google to provide a vendor scanning solution via their Google Ad Manager product since 2022.
Google’s certified CMPs are CMPs that leverage the IAB Europe’s Transparency & Consent Framework (TCF).
Google’s CMP assessments will also look at whether the CMP correctly supports the Additional Consent specification for adtech vendors not participating in the TCF.
Watch our webinar on demand
• The new requirements for publishers in TCF v2.2
• How the TCF has evolved from v2.1
• The benefits for publishers in using the TCF
• Why Google decided to require CMPs that use the TCF
• Google’s requirements for CMP certification
• Sourcepoint’s scanning tool available in Google Ad Manager
• Best practices when migrating to a new CMP
Watch on demand here.
Keep in touch
Sign up for our newsletter to keep up with privacy news for adtech and martech,
plus occasional company news.