Sourcepoint Announces Launch of OTT Compliance Solution
December 2, 2019
Sourcepoint can capture consumer privacy preferences within connected TV environments, as part of its ‘Consent Everywhere’ commitment
New York, December 2nd 2019: Sourcepoint, the compliance platform for the digital advertising ecosystem, has today launched its OTT compliance solution to capture and transmit consumer privacy preference signals from within over-the-top (OTT) and connected TV (CTV) environments. As part of its ‘Consent Everywhere’ commitment, Sourcepoint’s OTT support allows streaming media companies to capture privacy preferences to comply with global regulations, including GDPR and CCPA, and create a more seamless user experience.
As viewers increasingly consume digital video on multiple devices in multiple locations, the OTT solution supports platforms including Roku, Amazon Fire TV, smart TVs and mobile video apps, allowing media companies to capture consent wherever content is enjoyed. Additionally, streaming media companies will be able to understand monetization opportunities and improve inventory value, dependent on the attached privacy preferences of the consumer. Sourcepoint’s solution complies with regional regulatory considerations such as GDPR’s opt-in consent requirement and CCPA’s Do Not Sell / Do Not Track messaging for consumers, as well as their stipulation to manage data subject access and deletion requests.
Ben Barokas, CEO and co-founder of Sourcepoint said: “As users become accustomed to accessing content anywhere, at any time, media owners need to take responsibility for understanding consumers’ data privacy preferences. And OTT and CTV is no exception. Sourcepoint can support all environments where users consume content – from desktop, to in-app and OTT, helping to provide a consistent and streamlined user experience in an age of privacy awareness.”
Barokas continues, “We recognize the opportunity for connecting consent and identity to provide friction-free omnichannel consumer experience. This can allow publishers to better know their audience, and for advertisers to better reach the audience that they want.”
Sourcepoint’s OTT solution can:
- Work as part of the ‘Consent Everywhere’ commitment, ensuring consumers’ privacy preferences are respected wherever they engage with media
- This will ensure consent preferences are respected consistently across a range of devices, such as phone, tablet, Roku, CTV
- Provide insights into campaign performance, leveraging reporting data to optimize monetization strategies
- Integrate Sourcepoint’s ‘Authenticated Consent’ feature to collect durable privacy preferences based on identity rather than cookies across devices and environments
- Work in tandem with Sourcepoint’s Dialogue messaging functionality, enabling the creation of messaging scenarios to allow testing and analysis of various strategies (e.g. A/B testing)
- Offer creative control for on-brand messaging, with customized styling and UI components
- Incentivize consumers to share data in exchange for access to content (as applicable under certain regulations, for example CCPA)
Sourcepoint is the compliance platform that supports a sustainable media ecosystem through a fair value exchange between consumers and publishers. We provide tools for the advertising ecosystem to protect consumer privacy, manage compliance and optimize revenue in a rapidly changing landscape.
Founded by a team of digital publishing veterans, Sourcepoint has offices in New York, Berlin, London and Paris.
Learn more at www.sourcepoint.com.
Latest Blog Posts
Implementation of IAB action plan is suspended pending appealMarch 20, 2023
IAB Europe expects a ruling on the second...
What’s up with the Colorado Privacy Act?March 20, 2023
How will Colorado's law impact advertising? Read on for...
FAQ: Belgian DPA’s decision regarding the IAB’s TCFMarch 15, 2023
On 11th January 2023, the Belgian DPA approved the...
Latest White Papers
Benchmark Report: US Privacy ComplianceAugust 19, 2022
The current state of publisher compliance with CCPA, and...
Ebook: A Publisher’s Guide to Vendor List CurationDecember 16, 2021
How to review your vendor list to mitigate compliance...
Keep in touch
Sign up for our newsletter to keep up with privacy news for adtech and martech,
plus occasional company news.